Updates from the Government:
Our business will be permitted to reopen during Phase 3, which is tentatively set for July 6th. We have decided, however, to err on the side of caution, and push back our reopening to August 10th. This will allow us to discern whether previous reopening phases have resulted in increased infections and deaths from the virus. Reopening is contingent upon faithful social distancing and a new standard of cleaning and disinfecting – we strongly encourage EVERYONE to remain vigilant, clean, and cautious. Failure to do so could extend the phases, or even result in reverting to a previous “phase” of the reopening plan.
We will continue to meet outdoors on Saturdays. We will no longer split the groups according to rank. Reservations will be required, however, and preference will be given to those who have not trained with Sihing Eliot in person for the longest amount of time. Locations will be announced shortly. Masks and social distancing required. Groups of nine students only.
When the guan reopens, it will not simply be back to business as usual, we will be adhering to a new set of strict social distancing rules to protect our instructors and students. Some changes students can expect:
– The instructors will wear masks.
– The instructors will take attendance.
– Students and their belongings will remain in preset, socially distant training zones for the duration of the class.
– There will be no physical contact until further notice.
– Equipment will be thoroughly cleaned after each use.
– Students must enter the guan through the front doors on Main Street, and exit the business through the back doors in the parking lot.
– Parents will not be permitted to stay at the guan during classes, and must drop kids off.
– Classes will still be run on Zoom so that students who do not feel comfortable coming to the guan in person can still attend, and parents can still watch their kids in class.
– Strict hand-washing regimen will be followed.
– Students who do not comply with the guidelines listed above will not be permitted to attend class.
– Other changes may be necessary; plans will be solidified as we get closer to reopening.
ONLINE YOGA CLASSES WILL CONTINUE:
Gentle Yoga with Jean is Mondays 6:30-7:30pm on Zoom. Power Yoga with Claire is Tuesdays 9-10am on Zoom. Nature Yoga with Karen is available via YouTube or download from the school’s Google Drive.
Sunday July 5th
Zumba with Roxanne
Roxanne O’Connor will be teaching Zumba via Facebook live stream Sunday July 5th. Zumba does not allow their instructors to stream from professional pages, so you will have to send Roxanne a friend request on Facebook in order to participate. The class is free to attend. Donations can be made via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via Venmo to @Eliot-Prisby.